Dream Interpretation/Husband is always dreaming

Question
Hi , my husband had been dreaming about him dying and he sees me crying over it

Answer
Hey Vanessa,

Sounds like you are very worried about this dream!  The good news though is that dreams about death are usually symbolic in nature so it is unlikely that this dream will fortell the future or anything like that (Although it is always wise to take precautions!).

Do you have any more details about your husband's dream?  It can be difficult to get any specific kind of interpretation without the whole dream.  Sometimes even seemingly minor details can give some real insight into what's going on.  Maybe you could get him to write it out because then it would be in his words and the words used to describe dreams can make a big difference.  Also, does your husband know you are getting an interpretation for his dream?  Sometimes dreams can reveal quite intimate information about someone so I would feel more comfortable if I knew your husband was in agreement.

In general, just as death is an ending of a life, dreams about death also symbolise some kind of ending in the dreamer's life.  In other words, this is about change because for something to change, something has to end first before the new phase of life begins.   For example, this might be about moving house, changing jobs or finishing a job.  Sometimes dreams about death can be simply a change in a certain way of thinking where a dreamer's personal beliefs might have been challenged in the period leading up to the dream.  A lot of the time, dreams about death can be about relationship changes. This does not necessarily mean the end of a relationship, but could also mean a change in the dynamics of a relationship.

Well those are my thoughts so far.  Let me know your thoughts and of course I would be happy to answer any follow-up questions.  I wrote an article about death dreams which you might also find helpful.  It has an online survey which might give you some idea about why other people dream about death.  The article is here:  www.squidoo.com/dreams-about-death.

In the meantime, take care of yourself.  

Dream Interpretation

Chook