Dream Interpretation/Recurring dream

Question
Hi. I have never had this before. I keep dreaming that i'm moving back to my apt that I left maybe 5 years ago. It's been like this for a while. First off, when I lived there, I believed it was haunted. Whenever I walked in my house I felt a heaviness, it didn't scare me. But my mom and I left. I keep dreaming i'm moving back in. There's boxes in the living room and sometimes my dresser with my clothes will be in my room and my bed. I always ask my mom why we are back. I remember thinking I don't want to live there because the ghost. I tell her that all the time. Sometimes I will be outside my old apt and other people are living there. Ghost pops into my head when i'm outside. I had this dream last night. What's it telling me?

Answer
hey Shari,

If you are going back to live in an old appartment in a dream, it could mean that you are now revisiting some issue that was around you when you lived in that appartment.  Can you remember what was going on in your life at that time?  (Apart from the haunted house thing - although that could well be related.).

Ghosts in dreams can represent some memory from the past that keeps haunting you so to speak.  Is there something that keeps playing on your mind?  Think about whether there is any unfinished business or unresolved issues from the past.  For example, if someone left your life in a way that was unsatifactory, say they left without an explanation, or maybe you didn't get to say the things you wanted to say, then this might have something to do with it.  In the dream, you ask your Mum why you are back, so it could well have more to do with your Mum and what is happening in her life and how that is affecting you.  Perhaps she is revisiting something from the past or is getting herself into some old pattern or something along those lines.  

Try to think back to when you first had this dream.  What started happening at this time?  Did this relate at all to when you were living in that haunted appartment?  

Alternatively, if this explanation doesn't make sense, you said when you lived in the appartment, there was a feeling of heaviness.  Sometimes houses do have a really bad vibe about them and I wonder if there is something going on in your life now (or when the dreams started) that is giving you a similar bad vibe?  If so, then this could have something to do with it also.

Did any of those possible explanations ring true for you?  Let me know what you think and we can go from there.

In the meantime, take it easy...

Dream Interpretation

Chook