Dream Interpretation/dream of engagement ring

Question
Good morning,

I have been having a dream about my current boyfriend proposing.

The first time I had the dream my boyfriend proposed with a ring made of just a wire. No diamond and in my dream I was disappointed.

The second time I dreamt that my boyfriend proposed to me with a ring that was okay looking but it wasn't what I wanted. It had yellow flowers imprinted on it and diamonds but it just wasn't my type. However, the bigger problem was that it did not match with the wedding band I later got.

This last time I dreamt that he gave me a ring that was beautiful but it transformed into a ring that looked nothing like an engagement ring. This particular ring was weird because it was a type of ring that could transform itself and look 4 different ways.

Help what could this all mean?  On a side note my boyfriend and I have been talking about getting engaged lately.

Answer
Hey Jenny,

Well I think you would have to agree with me that this is not a good sign.  The fact that you've had this recurring dream three times means you need to sit up and listen to what your dream self is trying to tell you.  A ring is a very strong symbol of committment both in your waking life, and in dream life.  A wire ring is basically a ring of very little value.  (Perhaps this is symbolising a committment with not much substance???). Remember also that you were disappointed in this dream.  So maybe you have had some disappointment in your relationship- especially when it comes to the quality of his or your committment perhaps?

With the second dream, listen to the words you used to describe it.  It was "ok looking but not your type".  Also you said it "didn't match with the wedding band".  Need I say any more?  The last part where it didn't match with the wedding band might be saying that you are worried that the engagement might work out ok, but once you get married, he might change somehow perhaps for the worse?  People do tend to let it all hang out once they are married.

The last dream the ring was beautiful, but it changed, and it changed a number of different ways.  This suggests some kind of deception because the ring was not what you thought it first was.  Maybe your relationship has been somewhat on the unpredictable side?  If this is the case, it is unlikely to change once you get married.

All I can say is, don't ignore the warning signs.  At the moment, you are free from any committment with him.  You are under no obligation what so ever to continue the relationship, or to get engaged or married or make any committment at all.  Don't just keep kidding yourself along because marriage is supposed to be for the rest of your lives.  Think of all the things that bug you about him.  Now imagine having to deal with this for the rest of your life!  That is a very long sentence!  It can be very difficult to keep up those strong feelings toward your man after such a long time, especially if you are already having some doubts.  And don't think it will get better once you get married because you are probably seeing his best side now!

I realise this might be difficult to hear but you must have been thinking something like this already.  When you are in a relationship, it can be confusing and difficult to know how you truly think about someone.  The great thing about dreams is that they reflect how you really feel about something.  Not saying that you have to break up with your man straight away or anything like that.  Of course it is your choice.  But it might be wise to try to tone down any talk about getting engaged.  Make it clear that you are not ready at all.  You don't want any awkward surprises!

Sorry for being so blunt about it all.  I guess it is easy for me to say these words not really knowing you and living on the other side of the world but it is always better to be on the cautious side when it comes to making lifelong commitments. If you want to talk about it or ask more questions about your dreams, I will be more than happy to help.

Take care of yourself.  

Dream Interpretation

Chook