Dream Interpretation/Beginning Lucid Dreaming.

Question
I heard lucid dreaming is a skill. And through it, one can find much more meaning about themselves as well as delve into a world that is theirs.

I want to try to develop that skill. I read in other sources about it and I know I should do reality checks and record my dreams.

I plan on buying a book, Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerg since I heard it's a good resource on lucid dreaming. Do you have any opinions on that book if you've read it?

Can you give me effective methods to begin lucid dreaming and what I should do whenever I want to lucid dream?

Answer
Some people have the ability the ability to manipulate and control their dreams without learning how to induce a lucid dream, while some people have never had a lucid dream in their life and must learn that skill by practicing every night. Even if you have the skill to have lucid dreams, their is always room for practice. Doing reality tests are the most effective way to encourage lucid dreaming. You do a reality test for every hour that your awake. If you wake up after a dream, do another reality test to confirm that you are awake. Their are certain events that may take place in your dream to cause a false awakening. You should also remember 3 key words every night before you go to bed. Once you become lucid and have done the reality test, say the 3 words that you are suppose to say, if you can say them, you know for a fact your lucid. Their are a lot of books on lucid dream. Amazon says the reviews are good, so judging by that, its a good book. This looks like a better book, shows many technquiqs of lucid dreaming. Amazon is a great place to look for lucid dream books. You can have a look inside the Ebook (Sample) before you decide you want to buy. Once you do learn how to lucid dream, that is only the beginning, you will want to practice to gain new additional skills and have them more frequently. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.  

http://www.amazon.com/Are-You-Dreaming-Exploring-Comprehensive/dp/0957497709/ref

Dream Interpretation

Russell