Dream Interpretation/Dream of Flowers Growing Out of Me

Hello and thank you for you time.

I guess if I must start from the beginning it goes something like this:

I'm in a 5 story building, I am familiar with this place in my dream, but have never been anywhere like it in the real world.  It's vast.  The first 2 floors basically contain a make-shift movie theater and what I can best describe as a Discovery Zone.  It's a place for kids mostly with toys, slides and a foam ball pit.  I'm with a group of strangers who, after finishing a movie want to see the upper floors, but to get there involves taking a maze to and through the 3rd floor which will give you access to a glass elevator to the other floors.  I'm the only one that knows where to go to get through this labyrinth.  This is when my right middle finger begins to feel sore.  When we get to the elevator the party is missing many people, but we move to the 4th and 5th floor, which are basically joined into one giant area that leads "outside".  Once outside I'm walking through a small little village, very cozy looking (try to imagine some secluded village where the houses have moss on the roofs and quaint little round windows, cobblestone paths, etc).  As I'm walking around, the pain begins to become excruciating in my finger and I see what looks like a raspberry sticking out of my finger.  I try to squeeze it or pull it out but it only hurts.  I eventually press the sides around it and it opens up and blooms in to a red rose bud.  I went around trying to show people but that's when I woke up.

I'm not sure if this is a pleasant dream because I woke up feeling uneasy about it.  I can't seem to shake it and it, honestly, creeps me out a bit.  Also, this is not the first time I've dreamed of this place.  It's a common backdrop with many dreams taking place here.

Any thoughts?

Hi Grayson,

Your dream shows a lot about your progression in life.  Buildings in dreams are often a reflection of ourselves and the way we live our lives.  Your 5 storey building is perhaps a reflection of your need or desire to get to "the next level" in life - whatever that may be.  For example - if you have clear goals in your career and wish to progress to a high level - this type of thing would explain the storeys in the building.

Hence the discovery zone for kids on the first 2 levels.  The first stage of life is very much about exploration and discovery.  The movie theatre could represent a kind of passive learning experience, but then making the movie yourself then becomes more interactive.  It shows you are becoming the teacher or the one who shows and explains things to others.

Note that once the strangers finished their movie, the wanted to go explore the next levels?  It is important to note here that everyone in your dream represents some aspect of yourself.  So even though they were strangers, the fact that they finished a movie and then wanted to explore the next levels does reflect your own eagerness to get to the next level in life so to speak.  (The fact that they were strangers might also reflect your need to take the time to really get to know YOURSELF a little more.  Eg, what sets you off, what you really want in life, what your limitations are, etc.)

To get to the upper levels requires quite an ordeal of getting through a labyrith, which can sometimes reflect how progressing in life can feel - especially if you try to skip the middle levels to get to the upper levels!! Lol.  This is when your middle finger begins to hurt.  The middle finger is the one we use to insult people!!  So perhaps there is some issue with conflict and not getting along with certain people or some kind of problem with aggression or some thing like that.

When you get to the top level, it seems like a really beautiful place.  You said it was "cosy".  Perhaps this is really what you want in life!!  Not the rat race labyrinth, but a cosy place to call home!!  But your "rude" finger is causing you pain!!  So maybe this is what is holding you back?  A tendency to be too short tempered perhaps??  Finally, this excrutiatingly painful thing on your finger transforms into a beautiful red rose!!  Well there is only one thing I can think of that a red rose could represent!!  It is a sign of love and romance!  Your rude finger transforms into this beautiful symbol of love and romance!  So I wonder if you have been trying to change your cranky ways for a love interest??  Obviously, this has been a very difficult and painful process for you.

The fact that you felt uneasy about this dream is quite understandable because you are trying to change something about yourself and at first, that will feel unnatural.  But I think you are doing the right thing.  Stick with it and it will become second nature.  Its simply like a bad habit you are trying to break and it will take time to replace your old patterns of behaviour with new ones.  Treat this transformation like you would any other goal in life.  If the cosy moss covered village is really what you want in life - then keep at it!  Even if your current love interest doesn't work out, don't let that put you off and don't let that make you lose sight of your ultimate dream of a cosy happy life.  If your current relationship falls through, it will be very easy for you to fall back into your old habits.  So make a promise to yourself that you won't let that happen.  This "beautiful village" so to speak, is a long term goal!!!  It will take time and committment from you. (You might even wish to find a picture of such a village and put it somewhere prominent to remind yourself!!)

Now is a good time to really slow down and take stock of where you are.  Don't be in such a hurry to get to the next thing.  Enjoy the stage you are at and work on doing that as well as you can - without worrying about the next challenge.  Don't forget to smell the roses so to speak!

Well those are my thoughts on your dream. I'm really sorry for taking so long to respond.  If you have any questions about it, or if it didn't really seem to fit with your life, please let me know.  I am only too happy to help further if needed.

Take it easy eh?

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.