Dream Interpretation/Sleep Paralysis Prevention

Hi Russell, sleep paralysis has been bugging me for many years. Every time i'm paralyzed, i sense horrible fear and hear sounds. It's extremely difficult for me to breakaway from it. Usually my breathing will jam up a little so i try to breath rapidly and harder in hope to breakaway what feels like an eternity later. I read a few of your answers to others' posts, that it's only hallucination. But the thing is i'm always aware that i'm under sleep paralysis and they're only hallucinations, but the fear always grip me so real that i can't control my mind. Is there any way that  can prevent this altogether? Thank you very much for your help!!

Here are some tips that can help prevent sleep paralysis. With these tips you should be able to reduce sleep paralysis. Some things that can cause sleep paralysis are: 1. Sleeping on your back, stress, anxiety, worrying a lot, and unsolved problems in your life. The worst thing you can do is fight sleep paralysis. When you fight against sleep paralysis, you give it energy to terrorize you. I have had some bad episodes of sleep paralysis before. I would actually she shadows and they would come and pinch me and keep on pinching me. Then I would fall into a violent nightmere. When I woke up for real, I would fall back into sleep paralysis again and again. I would actually feel actual pain because every time I was pinched, it would hurt. Even though I was experiencing sleep paralysis that turned into a nightmare, I would still feel pain. I haven't had this in a while, but it has happened when my I have a lot of stress and worry a lot. Here are some tips that can help prevent sleep paralysis.

1. Sleep on your side, not your back. If you sleep on your back, this will increase the chances of you having sleep paralysis.

2. Avoid sleeping on couches. Its best to sleep in a bed that you feel comfortable in.

3. Try and reduce the stress and anxiety in your life. If you are angry, upset, or worried about something practices effective ways to relieve your feelings.

4. Try and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a day.

5. If you fall in a sleep paralysis episode, resist the urge to fight it because the more you fight sleep paralysis the more intense your sleep paralysis episode will become. When you snap out of sleep paralysis or nightmare, get up and turn on your bedroom light on. Don't just sit their and fall back to sleep because chances our, you could fall back into another sleep paralysis episode or violent nightmare. You can go to the washroom or eat a snack, or just walk around your house for a few min. Now you can turn of your lights and go back to bed. I have found that this is a very effective technique for breaking the cycle and will prevent you from falling back into sleep paralysis or the same terrible nightmare that you were having. When you wake up for real, you need to get out of your bed and turn on your bedroom lights ASAP because it only takes a few seconds to fall back into another sleep paralysis episode or violent nightmare.

6. If sleep paralysis becomes so bad to the point it effects your everyday life go see a doctor. Their is also medication that can also prevent sleep paralysis.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Dream Interpretation

I am not a dream Interpreter, I specialize in lucid dreams. With this being said please don't ask me any questions about what your dreams mean. All dream interpretation questions will be rejected. Lucid dreams are when you realize that you are in a dream. Once you realize that you are dreaming, you can control and manipulate your dreams. I can answer questions regarding lucid dreaming, false awakening, paralysis sleep, and reality testing. I cannot answer questions regarding out of body experience.

When I was a little kid I would have 1-2 lucid dreams a year that I could control. As I got older I would have about 3-5 lucid dreams every year, but now I am averaging about 4-5 lucid dreams every month.

High School Graduate Harper College (ongoing)