Dream Interpretation/Could I be having an out of body experience?

One night I lay down for bed but it was very different, it felt like someone had laid a weighted blanket down over top of me and my body fell in a deep calm. I knew I was asleep because I couldn't move my fingers or lift my body like I had tried to, but I was conscious. I hear this loud white noise and everything starts vibrating. I thought I had woken up because I knew I was in my room but the walls were a grainy snow white color. I was laying on my back but I turned and I was hovering half a foot over my body. I turned to my fiance who was lying on his side towards my body and I shouted at him for a little bit but he didn't respond, his eyes were solid black. I focused mainly on him because I was afraid of what may be all around me, so I never moved from the bed or looked around the room fully. I looked back at my body and sorta fell back in to myself, took a few deep breaths and then I woke up. My fiance said I never called out to him. This sort of "dream" happens to me often but I do my best to try and snap myself out sleep before I succumb again.
Could this be a realistic feeling dream or something more?

After reading your question, I believe that you had an out of body experience. I can't really provide you any more info or tell you how to have more out of body experience because I have never had one before. Perhaps you should talk to someone that has had them before.  

Dream Interpretation

I am not a dream Interpreter, I specialize in lucid dreams. With this being said please don't ask me any questions about what your dreams mean. All dream interpretation questions will be rejected. Lucid dreams are when you realize that you are in a dream. Once you realize that you are dreaming, you can control and manipulate your dreams. I can answer questions regarding lucid dreaming, false awakening, paralysis sleep, and reality testing. I cannot answer questions regarding out of body experience.

When I was a little kid I would have 1-2 lucid dreams a year that I could control. As I got older I would have about 3-5 lucid dreams every year, but now I am averaging about 4-5 lucid dreams every month.

High School Graduate Harper College (ongoing)