Dream Interpretation/Lucid dreams

As long as I know lucid dreams means you know that you are dreaming and can control your dream, right? But the thing is when I know that i'm dreaming it's totally impossible to control my dreams,just nothing happens the way I try to do it,sometimes I wake up and others it's just turns into a nightmare and I forgot it's a dream, every time i try and can't control it it's just gets worse,why? I have no idea how else to explain it but it's like i'm hitting a wall when i try to change something. Is there some way I can teach myself to control my dreams?

As long as you are aware that you are dreaming, you are lucid. If you are aware that you are inside a dream, then the possibly to control and manipulate the dream exists. If you have a body, you should almost always be able to control it. This is the easiest part of your dream to control. Instead of trying to control other aspects of your dream, start with your own body. You should also be able to talk and control what you say. How are you inducing these lucid dreams, reality testing? I would suggest doing the reality tests to determine if you are lucid or not.  

Dream Interpretation

I am not a dream Interpreter, I specialize in lucid dreams. With this being said please don't ask me any questions about what your dreams mean. All dream interpretation questions will be rejected. Lucid dreams are when you realize that you are in a dream. Once you realize that you are dreaming, you can control and manipulate your dreams. I can answer questions regarding lucid dreaming, false awakening, paralysis sleep, and reality testing. I cannot answer questions regarding out of body experience.

When I was a little kid I would have 1-2 lucid dreams a year that I could control. As I got older I would have about 3-5 lucid dreams every year, but now I am averaging about 4-5 lucid dreams every month.

High School Graduate Harper College (ongoing)