Dream Interpretation/partially recurring dream

Recently I've been having a dream involving a good close friend of mine from high school. I left the high school halfway through my sophomore year to transfer to another school, and I had the friend's email but my phone erased it when it got reset so I couldn't get in contact with her. Sometime before I left I did ask this friend if I could take her out one day in the future if we were to ever see each other again, and she agreed. Do to me furthering my education I don't live in my home city anymore, so there's possibly no way to ever meet her again.

Currently I have a girlfriend, we've been dating for a year, we both extremely care for each other, and I haven't seen my friend in about five or six years. I've been having dreams involving her (my friend)  in some aspect in the past few months, and they've never been a constant occurrence just here and there, but most times they involve the two of us in a romantic way with my girlfriend nowhere to be found. I've tried to interpret my own dreams many times when I was a kid, and afterwards I would not have those dreams anymore, but in doing so now I've found myself to keep having them.

At this point I don't know what to think, I'm not having some kind of a crisis I'm just really curious as to what these dreams mean, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there Josh,

The meanings of these dreams is really going to depend on the context of the dream, so if you can describe one of these dreams to me, then we might be able to figure out what they are all about.

In general though, people that appear in dreams often represent some aspect of ourselves rather than representing that actual person.  For example, lets just say that your friend was very studious and did really well in school.  Now if at the time you had the dream, you did particularly well in an exam or with an essay or something like that, then this might explain why you have these dreams.  This is just an example - you might find you associate something else with this friend. If you are having the dream intermittently, then take particular notice of what happened during the few days before the dream.  What kind of events occurred in your life?  What thoughts did you have?  See if you can pinpoint a pattern there and this might help you work it out.

On the otherhand, the dreams might be about the unfinished business you have with this friend.  If you had intended to ask this girl out, and then you lost her contact details, then this would definitely be unfinished busniess!!!  Your current relationship might be triggering these dreams in some way as you think about what might have been.  Your dreamself doesn't really forget about things over time like you might want it to do.  If there is something unresolved, your dreamself will treat it as if it happened yesterday.  Your dreamself doesn't have the same concept of time that your waking self has.  

Without having a description of one of your dreams, all of this is just speculation.  So if you want to send me one of these dreams, I'll be able to look at it more deeply.

Take it easy!!!!

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.