Dream Interpretation/Pregnant surgery dream

I dreamed I was pregnant. I had to have surgery to save the baby.A woman who I couldn't see was pushing like a layer from the front of my stomach to each side.Then I saw a big stitched or stapled incision down the middle of my stomach.It was obviously a pregnant stomach.I was talking to someone I couldn't see, I said I have scars all the way down now.I remember seeing my left foot with a scar.I said I had have the surgery to save the baby.

Hi there Tammy,

Dreams about babies and pregnacy, etc, can often be about something new in your life or something you are trying to create or a goal you are striving for.  In your case, it seems as if the baby wasn't born yet, but already there were problems that needed surgical intervention.

I am thinking then, that this will relate to something in your life that you are trying to create.  You might want something for your future, you might have a picture in your mind as to what you want your future to look like, but in reality, this is not coming easily to you.  In fact, by striving for this goal or this desire, and trying to save this waking life dream of yours, you are being badly damaged (hence the scar that went all the way down in your dream).  Note also that you saw a scar on your left foot?  This indicates that you are finding it really difficult to get through life for some reason, due to trying to save this thing you so want for your future.

It is unclear what this future desire of your is. It could be a relationship you are trying to save, or a career goal that's not working out at the moment.  Have a think about your current goals whether they be in love, career, study, money, travel, etc and this might give you a clue as to what this dream was all about.  

If this interpretation rings true for you, it might be time to try to put your emotions aside and think logically about this goal of yours and whether it really is for you.  Obviously this is a lot easier said than done!!  I think the key then, might be to allow yourself to think about alternative goals and alternative futures for yourself.  Go with the flow for a while and see where your life's journey takes you.  You might be pleasantly surprised!  In fact I can almost guarentee that the alternative will be much better than what is going on at the moment.  

Obviously, if you were really pregnant you would do everything you possibly could to save that baby no matter what the cost to yourself, but the pregnancy in your dream is not a real life baby but a metaphor for some other aspect of your life.  You don't have to go through with this metaphorical "birth" if it is doing you harm.  You have a choice this time - which is really good news.

I hope this was helpful, let me know what you think and feel free to ask more questions if you are still unsure.

And take it easy!!!  You need a bit of a break...

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.