Dream Interpretation/Never getting to where I need to

Hi there,

I have a recurring theme in my dreams where I need to go somewhere, and I never actually get there - for various reasons. I have to go back because I forgot something, or something along the way keeps be busy, or I miss something. In the end, I always wake up before reaching my destination.
Another (more rare) dream I have is falling and then I wake up a bit anxious. Either way, both are rather unpleasant.

Hi there Andre, firstly, my apologies for taking so long to get back to you.  I've had some very sad family business to attend to over the last few weeks.

To your recurring dreams...  To me, it sounds like you have a lot of trouble staying focussed in your waking life.  Perhaps you have some goals that you would really like to achieve, but for some reason, you keep getting distracted by other things in your life??  This could be simply something that can't be avoided due to your current situation, or it could point more to something that could be sorted out with councelling or medical intervention?  Either way, it might really help you to take a break and really think about what it is you want out of life and where you are heading.  Writing down a plan for how you might achieve those goals can really help.

Another thing which can really help is "mindfulness".  Even if you can't help being distracted by things, spend the next week or so just being more aware of what you are doing from moment to moment.  Sometimes our thoughts will run ahead of us and we will find ourselves going through the motions of life without really being there in spirit.  When this happens, try to bring your self back to the present and take in and notice things that are happening around you, what you are doung at that moment, and acknowledge more consciously what you are thinking and feeling.  

The falling dream again can be symbolic of not being able to achieve your goals.  Something might not be quite gelling in your waking life, and you keep falling behind.  

Falling dreams can also be part of a phenomena of hypnogogia - a level of consciousness somewhere between waking and sleeping. It can be related to lucid dreaming and what some people would describe as "astral travel" where there is some kind of disconnection between your body and your "soul".  I'm not sure if I believe all that stuff but it certainly helps to describe the falling sensation in a dream, where it can feel a bit like the soul is falling/ rushing back into the body after floating around the ceiling somewhere.  Scientifically, this often linked to the hypnogogic brain wave pattern.  If you find yourself being distracted easily by unconscious thoughts in your waking life, this might also really link in with the falling dream in that your mind/spirit and body is often metaphorically disconnected.  

Well those are my thoughts on your recurring dreams.  Please let me know what you think.  If you have any further quesrions about something I might have missed or anything at all really, please let me know.  I would be more than happy to help further if needed.

Take it easy...

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.