Dream Interpretation/Watching sinking boats

What does it mean to see docked boats sinking? I watched the first boat begin to sink and tried to get help. This boat was tied to another, and that one was tied to another, and so on. A whole string of boats sunk before we could get help.

Hi there Liz,

Not wanting to sound overly pessimistic or anything, but it sounds like there is some kind of chain reaction of failure going on in your life at the moment.  This is because all the boats were tied together and so as soon as one starts sinking, all the others start sinking too!  If someone had've thought to cut the tie on one of the boats, then the others would not have sunk.  So the question for you in your life right now is: What is that metaphorical tie in your life which is causing this chain reaction of failure?  Think about all the things that have gone wrong lately.  What is the common denominator between all these situations?  It could be a particular negative mindset about yourself, or it could be that you are tied down by something like some kind of responsibility or self imposed obligation.  Have a think about what it might be.

Other clues which might help:- anything to do with water in a dream is usually about emotional issues.  Drowning or sinking can really point to overwhelming emotions which are difficult to deal with.  Due to the emotions involved, dreams about water can (but not necessarily) be about relationship issues.  Have a think about your relationships at the moment.  Think about relationships with family and friends, work collegues or lovers.  It might even be about your relationship with God if you are that way inclined.  Are you feeling emotionally overwhelmed by any relationships at the moment?  Has this type of overwhelming feeling happened with any other relationships?  If so, what is the common factor between all these relationships?  What makes them so overwhelming?

Also of interest is that a boat is a form of transport and dreams about transport can be about how we are travelling through life and where our life is headed.  In your dream, all the boats were docked. They weren't going anywhere!  So I am wondering if you are currently feeling like you are going nowhere in your life at the moment?  Or perhaps you feel your life is on hold for some reason?  If this is the case, then it might be timely to start making plans for your future and heading toward a goal.  You may need to get out and explore the world rather than sitting at the dock waiting for something to happen.  Often, just the simple act of making a plan and making even the smallest attempt to put the plan into action can just help to kick start things for you.

In summary, it seems like something is really tying you down and restricting your life and stopping you from fulfilling your potential.  You need to cut the chain and stop the vicious cycle of doom and gloom in your life.  The key is to work out what is holding you back and begin on a path toward a more positive and self-determined future.

Well those are my thoughts on your dream.  Has this helped at all?  Can you see what the dream is all about now?  Are you able to pinpoint what the metaphorical ties in your life are?  Hopefully my interpretation has helped.  Let me know what you think and if you still can't figure it out, let me know.  If there is anything in your dream that you missed out, let me know because sometimes even the smallest detail can really help.  If you have any further questions, I am only too happy to help.

Dream Interpretation

Hello and thank you for checking out my profile!

If I am 'UNAVAILABLE' or 'MAXED OUT', you can catch me at my Dream Meanings Shop.

Also see my articles on:

Dreams About Death

I view each dream as a metaphor for what you are experiencing in your life. My goal is to guide you into discovering the meaning of your own dreams by explaining the logic behind dream symbols, posing some guiding questions for you to think about, and presenting some possible scenarios as to what your dream could relate to. I believe that dreams reflect our true thoughts and feelings about our life and can therefore help to clarify where we should direct our life in the future.

PS. I am desperate for reviews on my Dream Meanings Shop at the moment so if you can spare even just $1 to buy an interpretation and give me a review, I would be overjoyed!!!

I have always had an interest in dreams. Over the past few years, I have helped hundreds of people by interpreting their dreams in online dream interpretation forums and here on allexperts. Allexperts is by far my favourite site to interpret dreams on because I get so much amazing feedback here and people are genuinely appreciative and encouraging of what I do!! If I ever need a little "pick me up" all I need to do is read my feedback page!!! And just to add, The Allexperts team ALWAYS answer all my emails straight away. I cannot speak highly enough of the Allexperts team!!

I have a bachelor of arts degree majoring in sociology and Aboriginal studies. I have also completed 12 month units in religious studies and psychology, as well as a number of post graduate units in epidemiology.

My educational background has given me insight and knowledge about different cultural beliefs and the way people behave and live together. The things we dream and the meaning of the symbols within are not solely a creation of our own minds, but are influenced by our history, our cultural beliefs, and the beliefs and behaviour of those around us.

Above all, I have learned most through hands-on practical experience and through seeking valuable feedback from the people for whom I have interpreted dreams.