Dreamweaver/Adding Quicktime .mov to Dreamweaver

Insert Plugin inserts my Quicktime movie into Dreamweaver, but it shows only as the plug in icon and won't show unless I press play.  It plays fine, but does not show on any browser like Safari.  The plug-in npqtplugin.dll is in my DW configuration/plugin folder.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!

Dear Don,

I don't think that streaming .mov files is the best way to complete this anymore.   With the release of Quicktime X, Apple has removed much of that functionality from within Quicktime as the Pro version has become obsolete.

My suggestion would be to use the Adobe Media Encoder (part of the CS suite) and convert your MOV files to FLV for a better user experience.  If you don't have  CS Suite with Flash Encoder, there are  others you could use. RIVA flash encoder, UltraFlash  and  Sorenson  are just few.  Then you would just stream the Flash Video.  You could keep the same encoding (ie: H.264), and it would also prevent the browser from needing to load Quicktime.

I hope that answers your question.

Good Luck,
Anna Schuttenhelm
SEO Content Plus

Anna Schuttenhelm

I can answer most questions about Organic Search Engine Optimization, using CSS, research and define keyword phrases, SEO-enhanced content writing and website taxonomy which best gets the attention of the search engines. I can also answer questions pertaining to well constructed and easy to understand website programming, content writing which specifically target key word terms, how to design a website with easy to understand navigation so that your site pushes visitors through to your desired call to action such as an order form or contact form, which files to include specifically for SEO such as sitemap.xml, .htaccess, robots.txt, Google verification file and more. I can bring you insight so that, when you launch your site, it will immediately start to draw attention of the Search Engines,

I have had over 19 years experience in Marketing Communications, full spread advertising campaigns, trade show presence and coordination, website architecture and design, as well as SEO and content writing. I was personally trained by the SEO guru, Bruce Clay and also worked closely with SEO Expert, Steve Wiideman.

Please visit my website for samples of my writing, design and SEO accomplishments. . I have written articles for Business Computer Review and a cover story for Computer Networking.

I've attended the renowned two day SEO seminar presented by Bruce Clay, SEO Guru. I worked side-by-side with SEO Expert Steve Wiideman for over 8 months. I attended a week-long course on Adobe Flash with action script. I received an AA in Business Administration from a respected college in Los Angeles.

I have written, provided SEO Consulting and/or designed websites in a multitude of industries including: Education, Wood Working Tools Industry, Health Insurance, Call Center Software, International Call Accounting Services, Document Filing Services, International Cameras Equipment, High Tech- Software, Service & Hardware, Ingredient Manufacturing, ....and more My website has links to the sites referenced about.