Dreamweaver/Color on Sidebar link

how do i make the 'hover' background color remain in an active sidebar link.  the end result... i want the menu items to be the different color after clicked so the user knows which menu/submenu they are in.

Hi Kirk,

Can you send the snippet of code for the sidebar and the css tags if you are using css?  Also, did you want the hover state to match the visited state or the unvisited state? Feel free to send a url link if this is published somewhere.

Anna Schuttenhelm

I can answer most questions about Organic Search Engine Optimization, using CSS, research and define keyword phrases, SEO-enhanced content writing and website taxonomy which best gets the attention of the search engines. I can also answer questions pertaining to well constructed and easy to understand website programming, content writing which specifically target key word terms, how to design a website with easy to understand navigation so that your site pushes visitors through to your desired call to action such as an order form or contact form, which files to include specifically for SEO such as sitemap.xml, .htaccess, robots.txt, Google verification file and more. I can bring you insight so that, when you launch your site, it will immediately start to draw attention of the Search Engines,

I have had over 19 years experience in Marketing Communications, full spread advertising campaigns, trade show presence and coordination, website architecture and design, as well as SEO and content writing. I was personally trained by the SEO guru, Bruce Clay and also worked closely with SEO Expert, Steve Wiideman.

Please visit my website for samples of my writing, design and SEO accomplishments. . I have written articles for Business Computer Review and a cover story for Computer Networking.

I've attended the renowned two day SEO seminar presented by Bruce Clay, SEO Guru. I worked side-by-side with SEO Expert Steve Wiideman for over 8 months. I attended a week-long course on Adobe Flash with action script. I received an AA in Business Administration from a respected college in Los Angeles.

I have written, provided SEO Consulting and/or designed websites in a multitude of industries including: Education, Wood Working Tools Industry, Health Insurance, Call Center Software, International Call Accounting Services, Document Filing Services, International Cameras Equipment, High Tech- Software, Service & Hardware, Ingredient Manufacturing, ....and more My website has links to the sites referenced about.