Driving & Driving Test Tips/Automatic Gear

Question
I know the P gear is meant for parking, however some people have said that it is also 'right' to set the gear to P when your car is stationary at the traffic light and when you are stopping at the side. Neutral is ONLY meant for pushing the car when the car doesn't start up. Is this true?

Answer
IF you are stopped in traffic for an extended period of time the putting the vehicl ein P is not a problem.  But if it is stop and go traffic then it will impeded traffic awaiting you putting it back into drive.  Neutral is probably best used for pushing the car because otherwise you 'won't be able to move it by pushing it.

Driving & Driving Test Tips

Mark Winter