Driving & Driving Test Tips/Automobiles Detecting Electronic Traffic Signboards

Question
Traffic Signs
Traffic Signs  
Dear Mark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_sign

Is it possible to convert the existing Traffic signs into electronic traffic signs so that Automobiles viz cars, trucks, buses, jeeps can play the Traffic sign within their built in internal speaker at a distance ?.

For example :

The transmitter / sensor in Electronic Traffic sign boards will pass the Radio frequency signals and this will be detected by the automobile receiver electronics at a distance. The receiver sensor within the automobile will pay the respective sound files example : "Zebra crossing ahead", "Go Slow, School Ahead", "Drive slow, Dangerous curve ahead" etc

If the cost could be the factor in implementing all electronic traffic sign boards, then locating the Strategic Electronic Traffic Sign Boards on the road could be useful.

The Automobile can have a New feature integrated "Automatic Detection of Traffic Sign Boards by playing Sound files to the Driver".

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
The technology for this type of signal is possible but would you want it (there are already alerts sent out about potential dangerous weather conditions and amber alerts)?  If you are listening to your radio or books on tapes do you really want to have it interrupted frequently by Electronic Traffic Signs?

Driving & Driving Test Tips

Mark Winter