Driving & Driving Test Tips/Automobiles Detecting Electronic Traffic Signboards

Traffic Signs
Traffic Signs  
Dear Mark

Is it possible to convert the existing Traffic signs into electronic traffic signs so that Automobiles viz cars, trucks, buses, jeeps can play the Traffic sign within their built in internal speaker at a distance ?.

For example :

The transmitter / sensor in Electronic Traffic sign boards will pass the Radio frequency signals and this will be detected by the automobile receiver electronics at a distance. The receiver sensor within the automobile will pay the respective sound files example : "Zebra crossing ahead", "Go Slow, School Ahead", "Drive slow, Dangerous curve ahead" etc

If the cost could be the factor in implementing all electronic traffic sign boards, then locating the Strategic Electronic Traffic Sign Boards on the road could be useful.

The Automobile can have a New feature integrated "Automatic Detection of Traffic Sign Boards by playing Sound files to the Driver".

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

The technology for this type of signal is possible but would you want it (there are already alerts sent out about potential dangerous weather conditions and amber alerts)?  If you are listening to your radio or books on tapes do you really want to have it interrupted frequently by Electronic Traffic Signs?

Driving & Driving Test Tips

Mark Winter

Traffic collision reconstructionist with 19 years of traffic collision investigation experience as an LAPD officer. I can answer questions about traffic collisions with vehicles, motorcycles, pedistrians, bicycles, and commercial vehicles. Especially cases of low speed collisions and injury potential. I can answer questions about the vehicle code (specific for Ca and in general for other states) but I am not a driving instructor nor a vehicle mechanic. You need to talk to someone else about these issues.

19 years traffic collision investigations. 17 years as traffic collision reconstructionist for the city of Los Angeles and outside consultation. Court qualified in criminal and civil cases. ACTAR #519.

Accredidation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionists Southwest Association of Technical Accident Investigators
Society Of Accident Reconstructionists
Society of Automotive Engineers
California Association of Accident Reconstruction Specialists

B.S. in Psychology Western Illinois University (math amjor-physics minor first two years), Now attending Chaffey college taking Calculus 3 and Chemistry working for Engineering degree