Drums & Percussion/Hinger Touchtone snare

Question
Hi there,

I have a walnut 6 1/2" Hinger Touchtone snare drum in amazing condition from the early 1980's.  I was really only played for about 3-4 years, and has been sitting perfectly preserved in my folk's basement ever since.  The bottom head has a tiny hole, but other than that, is in great shape.

I'm probably going to hang onto it for sentimental reasons, but in case I decide to sell it, can you tell me approximately how much it's worth? And on what website it's best to sell it?  I looked on Ebay and there were none there.

Thanks a lot!

--Stephen

Answer
Hi Stephen,
Sorry it took a while to respond, I'm in the U.K. for 2 weeks. Can you send a picture of the drum? I hesitate giving an opinion with out seeing something although it's no problem if you can't. You may or may not know, Fred Hinger was mainly known for making timpani and didn't make many snare drums. I don't think there are that many people familiar with him. There is a website dedicated to vintage drums (which I can get to you if you like) but ebay still reaches more people and is not a bad option.
Best,
Mike

Drums & Percussion

Mike Shapiro