Drums & Percussion/percusion

Question
Are percussion instruments becoming more electronic, if so how?
Thanks

Answer
drum machines for fake drummers as we call them, have been around for more than 25 years. User small types of computers with buttons and pads on them to allow you to input the beach or style and change the sounds of drums a little physically not play the drum machine. Many musicians use these place of a real drummer,  this of course is terrible for us working drummers.

With  the advent of the Apple Macintosh, new computer-generated sounds became available to the musician. Drummers can also use these types of devices to help practice and teach. Most music on television and in movies is in fact generated through these types of programs. The most common are Logic from Apple, and Pro tools. These are the most common software available on today's market for the professional musician for recording. Virtually all recording studios use either or both of these programs.

as for instruments, there are virtually dozens of types of electronic instruments many of which have been around for years. These include wind generated instruments like the Yamaha WX seven, and of course electronic keyboards and Percussion. Of course, one could argue electric guitars and bases have been around for 60 or 70 years perhaps.

so, electronics continues to play a large part in musical instruments however, I do not think you real acoustic instruments will ever go away.

Drums & Percussion

James Moyer