Drums & Percussion/percusion

What are the most  popular percussion instruments?
what are the least popular?
Thank you so much.

The answer to this question is a very broad one. It depends on where you are living. In the United States for example the drum set is the most popular percussion instrument in high schools however in colleges it might be the marimba or timpani. It depends on the style of music that you are surrounded with.
in our country, eastern Indian and African instruments are perhaps the least popular because they are not directly involved in our culture.

Instruments like the tabla from East India or the djembe from Africa may not be very popular here but they would be in those cultures.  

Drums & Percussion

James Moyer

Anything in percussion or drums. Macintosh computers or music software

30 years of professional playing and 25 years of teaching at all levels in percussion and drums. I taught middle school, high school and college students since 1978. I used to work for Apple. I know the computer line and operating system at expert level and teach music technology at my college.

American Federation of Musicians Percussive Arts Society Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Pi Kappa Lambda Phi Kapp Phi

Percussive Noites School Band amd Orchestra Author of Four Mallet Method for Marimba - Studio 4 Productions 3 guitar transcriptions for marimba available at Steve Weiss Music

Bach. Music Ed. - Susquehanna University Master of Music - University of Oklahoma Doctor of Musical Arts - University of Oklahoma Associate Professor of Music - Millikin University 1986-98 and Lafayette College 2004-present.