Drums & Percussion/percusion

What are some of the most commonly heard percussion instruments in music?

The suspense and what type of music you are listening to. In classical music, the most common instruments or timpani, snare drum, bass drum, and cymbals. Also, in orchestras that play this type of music, we hear mallet percussion instruments like the xylophone the bells and the chimes. if you are listening to standard rock music, mostly what you want here is the drum set. if you listen to jazz music, you won't hear the drum set and the vibraphone.

if you live in India or Africa or South America or Mexico, almost all of these instruments are different. It is because those are not use in their culture. For example, in Guatemala, the marimba is there national instrument.

Drums & Percussion

James Moyer

Anything in percussion or drums. Macintosh computers or music software

30 years of professional playing and 25 years of teaching at all levels in percussion and drums. I taught middle school, high school and college students since 1978. I used to work for Apple. I know the computer line and operating system at expert level and teach music technology at my college.

American Federation of Musicians Percussive Arts Society Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Pi Kappa Lambda Phi Kapp Phi

Percussive Noites School Band amd Orchestra Author of Four Mallet Method for Marimba - Studio 4 Productions 3 guitar transcriptions for marimba available at Steve Weiss Music

Bach. Music Ed. - Susquehanna University Master of Music - University of Oklahoma Doctor of Musical Arts - University of Oklahoma Associate Professor of Music - Millikin University 1986-98 and Lafayette College 2004-present.