Drums & Percussion/What's the best amp for the Zildjian GEN16 Acoustic-Electric Cymbals for live gigging with acoustic drums? I curently own a Roland KC-150.

Question
What's the best amp for the Zildjian GEN16 Acoustic-Electric Cymbals for live gigging with acoustic drums? I curently own a Roland KC-150.

Answer
Adam,

Let me be honest and tell you that I have never used these specific electronic cymbals myself---But the answer is the same for any audio need.

Get the best amp that you can afford.

I would recommend an amp that has a 15" speaker and a horn--Hovever,
a good quality amp that has a 12" woofer and a horn will work.
It's just that the 12" woofer will not handle as much low end as the 15" woofer-
but the power handling rating can be almost identical between the 2 woofers.

The best way is for your electronic drums and cymbals to be connected to the PA system.
But again, the band PA has to have the frequency range and power to handle the electronic kit and all the other instruments and the vocals.

The band PA should have a good Equalizer.
Also, if you care about your sound, your drums should have their own
"EQ" &  a "Compressor/Limiter".

I had all of these components when I used an electronic kit and my drums always sounded great.

I would recommend that you either get a book about sound or look online for articles.

Hope this helps.

Mike

PS---If your band wants to sound better, tell them to pick up an
"Aural Exciter with Big Bottom"
This will improve the band sound by 100%.
They are amazing!  

Drums & Percussion