Drums & Percussion/Starter Drum Set

I purchased a Cannon Jamm 3 pc set for my son, he has started taking lessons and hates practicing at home because he is used to the 5 pc he uses during his lessons. Can I by the two missing drums and add onto this set? If so, where can I find them sold individually?

Thank you very much for the question. I hate to say it but I don't think you will be able to find the additional drums for this set.  You can find drums that would roughly match this set from other brands, but you would end up paying as much for those drums as you would for the set you already have.  By the time you did that, you would be better off starting from scratch and getting a better quality used drum set.
If your son has a good teacher he should be able to guide you on the right path in finding the right set for your son. If your son is a beginner then the drum set you have should meet his needs.  The drum set will feel different than his teacher's set, but he should have plenty to learn and play on his set and wouldn't need the extra drums.  You're in a tough spot, you want to give him the tools to learn and keep him motivated, but really that drum set should meet his needs.  I hope this answers your question.  Feel free to ask follow up questions.

Drums & Percussion

Karl Kleinebreil

I can answer questions about the value of drums and how to do repairs and tuning. I can give advice about various stages of the drum career and advice on how to join and behave in a band and how to get other jobs in the industry. I can give advice about how to find students and run your own teaching studio and how to run a music studio from a store. I can give advice on buying and selling drums and how to build the arsenal of drums and chops you want. If you have questions about drums, I have answers.

I have been playing drums for nearly 30 years and have taught drums for over 10 years. I have a strong background of learning and playing with top professionals in performance, education, and the retail/repair segments of drums and percussion.

I am a member of the Percussive Arts Society and a member of the Vic Firth Educational team.

My educational credentials include playing in several bands at Mesa Community College and Arizona State University. I also took private drum/percussion lessons for over 14yrs and have been teaching for over 10yrs from my home and from local music stores. I also have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and am a graduate of the non-profit leadership program from ASU.

In high school I received the John Phillip Sousa Award along with over a dozen superior ratings at the Arizona Solo and Ensemble Festivals.

I have taught students of all ages over the past 10 years. I am also a consultant for Gerson Lehrman a national consulting firm. A paid position, I consult for them on topics related to the Arizona behavioral health systems and quality management in behavioral health.