Drums & Percussion/Pearl Forum 5 Piece Drum Set

Question
QUESTION: Hello, I need some help I began playing drums and I want to buy my own kit. Will Pearl Forum 5 piece drum set be a good investment for a beginner drummer to become pro? If no, please let me know which is the best.

ANSWER: Davit,

Is this a new drum set?

Are there used drum sets around your area?

I would always buy a used drum set in order to save money and buy all new heads and also

get some better cymbals.

But to answer your question, the Pearl Forum drum kit is good equipment.

I have been a pro drummer for 50 years and used the Pearl Forum kit for a long time and had good success with it.

QUESTION: Thank you for your feedback, there aren't any used drums around my area and I have to pay really expensive in durms because for my country I have to pay $8  for 1KG. I found a really good drum set it comes with gibraltar hardware and sabian cymbals but I'm not sure if it's good for me because I play metal the kit is Gretsch Maple Catalina 7 piece (I'm looking around on amazon.com) don't know what should I get please recommend me which drums will be great for me to play metal. please note I have to pay $8 per KG and my budget is $2000.

Answer
Is amazon.com the only source to buy drums?

If not, do as much research as you can.

My favorite drums would be Pacific (PCH-by DW)--Pearl and Tama.

Please explain--$8 for 1KG---I don't understand this.

Do you have ebay in your country?

Take your time and be patient.

Keep in touch and let me know what happens.

My email is drumdoctor@live.com

Hope this helps.

Mike

Drums & Percussion