Drums & Percussion/value

Question
Hello, I have an early to mid 1970's smoke black Ludwig Vistalite kit i bought brand new. It's a 9 piece 24" kick with concert toms, It's in new condition. I'm wondering what it's worth today, if anything. Thank you for your time. Steve

Answer
Wow, very cool.  Yes it has value.  Like with every drum set the value would depend on where and how you sell it, whether you are willing to ship internationally and a lot of other factors. It also depends on who is interested in the set at the time you sell it and if you can get 2 or more people interested enough to bid it up (in an auction).  
If you were to post it on ebay, I would start the bidding at $3,000.  Otherwise I would put a sell price of $3,500. With E-bay or another high traffic drum site with international exposure/shipping, it could go well past $3,500.  I wouldn't take much less than 3k if I was selling it.
Oh yeah, Vistalites have varied a great deal in their value over the years. Right now is an ok time to sell or buy.  They seem to have leveled off.
Hope this helps, good luck!  Great set!

Drums & Percussion

Karl Kleinebreil