Drums & Percussion/1960's Slingerland drum kit

I just got a kit from a friend, been in storage for 30 plus years... the badge on the kick drum is from 1961-62 black & brass no serial # but the tom & floor tom have no badges on them & are stamped inside september & october 1961 with a P stamped inside also, should the toms have a badge??

There should be a badge on the bass drum and the snare drum. Some of the older Slingerland drum sets do not have badges on the toms if they were part of a set of drums that included the bass.  If there is no reason to question that they are a matching set, I would not question the missing badges.  I think it was made without badges.  
I don't think the fact that it was made without badges affects the value at all.  Sounds like a cool kit.  Sorry for the delay, I was out of country.

Drums & Percussion

Karl Kleinebreil

I can answer questions about the value of drums and how to do repairs and tuning. I can give advice about various stages of the drum career and advice on how to join and behave in a band and how to get other jobs in the industry. I can give advice about how to find students and run your own teaching studio and how to run a music studio from a store. I can give advice on buying and selling drums and how to build the arsenal of drums and chops you want. If you have questions about drums, I have answers.

I have been playing drums for nearly 30 years and have taught drums for over 10 years. I have a strong background of learning and playing with top professionals in performance, education, and the retail/repair segments of drums and percussion.

I am a member of the Percussive Arts Society and a member of the Vic Firth Educational team.

My educational credentials include playing in several bands at Mesa Community College and Arizona State University. I also took private drum/percussion lessons for over 14yrs and have been teaching for over 10yrs from my home and from local music stores. I also have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and am a graduate of the non-profit leadership program from ASU.

In high school I received the John Phillip Sousa Award along with over a dozen superior ratings at the Arizona Solo and Ensemble Festivals.

I have taught students of all ages over the past 10 years. I am also a consultant for Gerson Lehrman a national consulting firm. A paid position, I consult for them on topics related to the Arizona behavioral health systems and quality management in behavioral health.