Drums & Percussion/Slingerland drum set

I have a "Modern Solo Outfit No. 2R" 5-piece Slingerland drum set.  It is Red Satin Flame, and by looking at the badges I estimate that it is dated 1969.  I am trying to get some sort of value for the kit and where I may be able to sell it or to whom?  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Thank you very much for the question,

If I assume there are no problems with it (no holes drilled for additional hardware, it has all original mounts and hardware etc) and has normal wear or little wear, then I would estimate it's value at $1200-$1400.  
For most drum sets, I think E-bay is the best place to sell.  You will get the most buyer's attention there.  Be thoughtful about when you end the auction and consider having it end on a Sunday in the evening.  The problem with E-bay is you need to ship the set. I would not ship internationally, just to the lower 48 states.
Another option, especially if you live in a major metropolitan area, is Craigslist.  This way you do not need to worry about shipping.  Depending on how many people are in your area, you might get close to the price I mentioned above.  
These drumsets are not extremely rare, but a complete set is somewhat rare.  Also, they are not extremely desirable, but there is definitely a market for them. It's just a matter of finding the right buyers, and likely you will need a few of them to be interested in order for one of them to agree to the above price.
I am also going to give you another bit of advice regarding marketing. If you want, get a an account on "Drummerworld.com" in their "discussions forum".  And post in their thread "THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted"  Put a link to your e-bay or craigslist ad.

I would also strongly caution against selling to the local music store, or especially the national music chains. They will buy your drumset today, but they will not give a price anywhere near what you can sell the set to someone else for.   

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any follow up questions.  Beautiful drumset!

Drums & Percussion

Karl Kleinebreil

I can answer questions about the value of drums and how to do repairs and tuning. I can give advice about various stages of the drum career and advice on how to join and behave in a band and how to get other jobs in the industry. I can give advice about how to find students and run your own teaching studio and how to run a music studio from a store. I can give advice on buying and selling drums and how to build the arsenal of drums and chops you want. If you have questions about drums, I have answers.

I have been playing drums for nearly 30 years and have taught drums for over 10 years. I have a strong background of learning and playing with top professionals in performance, education, and the retail/repair segments of drums and percussion.

I am a member of the Percussive Arts Society and a member of the Vic Firth Educational team.

My educational credentials include playing in several bands at Mesa Community College and Arizona State University. I also took private drum/percussion lessons for over 14yrs and have been teaching for over 10yrs from my home and from local music stores. I also have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and am a graduate of the non-profit leadership program from ASU.

In high school I received the John Phillip Sousa Award along with over a dozen superior ratings at the Arizona Solo and Ensemble Festivals.

I have taught students of all ages over the past 10 years. I am also a consultant for Gerson Lehrman a national consulting firm. A paid position, I consult for them on topics related to the Arizona behavioral health systems and quality management in behavioral health.