Drums & Percussion/Hi-Hat

My hi hat wont spring anymore please help

Obviously, the spring mechanism is broken and must be replaced. However, I expect you already know that. The issue is where and how to do this.
You are left with 2 options.

1. Contact the company; Ludwig, DW, Pearl, Tama, etc., and ask if they can sell you the part with instructions to replace. You will need the model of the stand since there are hundreds of models. I suspect this is not going to be successful as much of the manufacturing of these stands is done my machine. Unlike a bass drum pedal where the spring is external and mostly the same form pedal to medal.

2. This is most likely what you will need to do. Purchase a new hi-hat. I've had mu drums and most of the stands for 40 years, but there is no warranty on any of the hardware past a year if its even that long.

I can only suggest to you American dealers to contact, as I have no information on anything outside the U.S.

Dale's Drum Shop - http://www.dalesdrumshop.com (possible parts or new hi-hat)

Steve Weiss Music - http://www.steveweissmusic.com ( new hi-hat)

Drums & Percussion

James Moyer

Anything in percussion or drums. Macintosh computers or music software

30 years of professional playing and 25 years of teaching at all levels in percussion and drums. I taught middle school, high school and college students since 1978. I used to work for Apple. I know the computer line and operating system at expert level and teach music technology at my college.

American Federation of Musicians Percussive Arts Society Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Pi Kappa Lambda Phi Kapp Phi

Percussive Noites School Band amd Orchestra Author of Four Mallet Method for Marimba - Studio 4 Productions 3 guitar transcriptions for marimba available at Steve Weiss Music

Bach. Music Ed. - Susquehanna University Master of Music - University of Oklahoma Doctor of Musical Arts - University of Oklahoma Associate Professor of Music - Millikin University 1986-98 and Lafayette College 2004-present.