Drums & Percussion/Hi-Hat

Question
My hi hat wont spring anymore please help

Answer
Kamogelo,

Obviously, the spring mechanism is broken and must be replaced. However, I expect you already know that. The issue is where and how to do this.
You are left with 2 options.

1. Contact the company; Ludwig, DW, Pearl, Tama, etc., and ask if they can sell you the part with instructions to replace. You will need the model of the stand since there are hundreds of models. I suspect this is not going to be successful as much of the manufacturing of these stands is done my machine. Unlike a bass drum pedal where the spring is external and mostly the same form pedal to medal.

2. This is most likely what you will need to do. Purchase a new hi-hat. I've had mu drums and most of the stands for 40 years, but there is no warranty on any of the hardware past a year if its even that long.

I can only suggest to you American dealers to contact, as I have no information on anything outside the U.S.

Dale's Drum Shop - http://www.dalesdrumshop.com (possible parts or new hi-hat)

Steve Weiss Music - http://www.steveweissmusic.com ( new hi-hat)

Drums & Percussion

James Moyer