Drywall & Plastering/Matching the old color of structolite

Artisan Plaster wrote at 2012-11-06 18:05:12
DO NOT MIX paint with plaster. That is a terrible idea. Colored plaster is my specialty... Nothing looks worse than paint mixed with plaster or hot mud unless you want your house to look like a cheap motel. If you are not working with a quality plaster company used to dealing with colored interior finishes than you can use the tints at your local paint store.  Take a sample of your wall to the paint store and find a paint color that is close. Bring an empty container with you, quart , gallon etc. Ask the paint store to shoot you 5 gallons ( or any amount you want to try) of pigment for the color you chose into the jar minus the white. Weigh a pound or two of structolite, and then add the color. Measure how much you add and test it to find the right shade.  I use syringes, but you could use measuring spoons.  Once you have the amount of pigment needed to color a pound  to the right shade, you can reproduce it in any quantity.  

Drywall & Plastering

Maurice A. Schouvillier

I can answer all questions pertaining to all phases of drywall construction, plastering, stucco, and dryvit. Hanging, taping, texturing, painting, metal stud framing, insulation,and sound proofing as in home theaters, offices, and condos

35 years in the trade. Was senior estimator and project manager for a large company for 13 yrs. Currently own and operate GTX Industries, Inc. Started out packing sheetrock and worked my way up.

high school diploma course in Good Sense construction practices

Businessman of the year, 2001