Dulcimer/1993 Dulcimer Factory Dulcimer

Question
DF2
DF2  

DF2
DF2  
I have a custom ordered Dulcimer From John and Shirley Naylor. I am trying to find what is worth. I have had no luck in doing so. It is labeled and has a hand written number on the label. 9314449DF2 Any idea as to the value and they best place for me to find it a new home? Thank you

Answer
Hard to say -- the Naylors ran the Dulcimer Factory, which was a mass-production setup -- as the following reference will tell you, the quality, playability, etc., were quite variable. I don't know if your dulcimer is a solid wood dulcimer, or one of the plywood ones cranked out, and it is very difficult to put a price on it. I've seen dulcimer Factory dulcimers go for $250-$300 on EBay, and there are usually several on there, since there were so many made - over 30,000 at last count. With a "DF" in the serial number,and the shape, I'm guessing it's a plywood model, which would put it on the lower end of the food chain. Sorry I can't be more helpful - I'm not that familiar with Naylor dulcimers.

http://everythingdulcimer.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=25532

Dulcimer

John Blosser