Dulcimer/hammered dulcimer value

Question
I have a hammered dulcimer made by Dale Ward from Pigeon Forge dated 2000..It has two or three different woods used and has beautiful artistic etchings around the two sound holes on the top..It came with a tuner and velvet lined case..can you tell me the value of it?? Thankyou!!

Answer
 Hi Jill, value depends on condition and number of octaves. If the # of paired strings on the right hand bridge is less than 16, the used value between 200 and 400, so long as it holds a tune, and has no cracks. If more than 16 paired sets on the right bridge, would be considered extended range, and worth 500, to perhaps 800, depending on condition. Quality used instruments can be listed for sale on everythingdulcimer.com       Best of all to you......Joe

Dulcimer

Joseph Eisenhart