Dulcimer/Value of Dulcimer

Hello, John.  I have a dulcimer that my parents bought for me in Berea many years ago. It is signed on the inside by Warren May and numbered #3421.  It was never used and is in perfect condition, with the exception of a broken string.

I would appreciate knowing the value, if that is knowable via this modality.  Thank you for your assistance.

Hard to say, Sherry -- Warren is still building dulcimers (and they are excellent by the way) and his prices run from $375 to $800. I don't know just which model you have, but here's his website: http://www.warrenamay.com/dulcimers/ Might I suggest, since you own a fine dulcimer, that instead of selling it, you learn to play and cherish it. There are so many dulcimers out there, including some very fine ones, which have been turned into "wall hangers" for decoration purposes, and it's sad. Yours has never been used? then by all means, USE it! That's my two cents worth

John Blosser

All questions pertaining to the playing of mountain dulcimer, acquisition of dulcimers, books, CDs, etc., how to play, how to learn, WHY to play, where to get a good dulcimer, what books are most helpful to beginners, etc.

Teacher/performer: French Creek (Pa.) dulcimer symposium Teacher/performer: Sunshine State Music Camp, 2000 Teacher/Performer -- NGFDA Fall Festival, 2000 Performer - various venues for the past l0 years. Current Florida dulcimer champion, 2000.