Ear & Body Piercing/Crooked septum piercing

QUESTION: I got my septum pierced yesterday and it looks terribly crooked.
I got it pierced and he flipped it up since he asked me if I needed to hide it. I flipped it down while cleaning and I noticed it was really crooked.. I've read online it could be swelling..
But when it was flipped inside, I could notice on the left nostril showed the ring more, but I thought it was because of how it was flipped inside..
Could it just be swelling or is it too crooked? My right nostril which seems to be the higher side does feel more swollen or it's because of the extra space.

ANSWER: That piercing is clearly off center. It exits high on your left (the side of your nostril piercing). Re-visit the studio, have the piercing cleaned, prepped and removed and the jewelry cleaned and sterilized to try again when you have healed.

Make sure that your jewelry meets the standards described at before putting it back in.

Where are you located, and who was your piercer?
I will be pleased to refer you to an experienced colleague in your area.

QUESTION: Thank you! I live in Houston, Texas.
My piercer was Mike from You pick it, we stick it.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

I'm not sure if I've worked with Mike or not. It would be worth it to return and show him the results that you are not pleased with, and give him another chance.
My colleague Rick is at Superchango in your area, if you want a second opinion.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and