Ear & Body Piercing/Industrial piercing

I got an industrial piercing back in July, it got infected and I got a huge bump on it I finally got it straightened out. But now my little cousin hit it and it hurt too much for me to keep it in. I would just like to know if I will cause an infection because I took it out.?

Hi Brittany,
Where in PA are you located? I have several colleagues spread across the state that I could refer you to for a free consultation in person.

Since the area was recently damaged, usually frequent application of cold packs, accompanied by caring for it as a new piercing again will allow it to get well again. In case you decided to remove the jewelry before you get this message, you should not pay close attention to the area and continue to care for it as a new piercing. See your healthcare provider if it gets worse or does not get better.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and