Ear & Body Piercing/microdermal in forearm

I have a microdermal piercing in my forearm as part of a tattoo . I have had it for approx. 7 months now . Yesterday I noticed that it was rather swollen and warm to the touch . I gave it a saline soak last night before bed and covered it with a bandage . This morning I removed the bandage and gave it another saline soak and noticed that it was still warm to the touch . Also, there was some thick yellowish discharge that was expelled from under the jewel on the top . I've never had any issues with this particular piercing before and was wondering if you might have any clue as to why this may be happening now . Any insight you may give would be helpful . Thank you in advance .

A discolored discharge is one of the common signs of infection, sometimes accompanied by redness, heat, swelling and pain or tenderness. See your healthcare provider if it gets worse or does not get better quickly suggestions should help in the meantime.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and