Ear & Body Piercing/Dry area around surface anchor

Eight days ago I got two wrist dermals , both in the same hand and closely placed. One if then seems to be doing extremely well, the other has me unsure. There is very little pain, very little redness. It's sitting perfectly flush to my skin, but there is an area that seems to be very dry and flaking. Is this a normal occurrence, is it something I worry about and/or anything I should do to help it?

*Please return to your piercer or seek professional guidance in person with one of my colleagues. should be able to help you locate a nearby member of the Association of Professional Piercers for a follow up visit if your piercer is not available .

I find that piercing of the hand, wrist, arm or leg is more likely to be damaged or removed by accident than many other parts of the body with less movement and stress. explains our take on the subject.

I suggest that you apply gentle aftercare advice as described here with emphasis on protecting the area and using frequent hot compresses to soothe the dry skin .

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and