Ear & Body Piercing/does it look like its thinning

belly ring piercing
belly ring piercing  

belly ring piercing
belly ring piercing  
I've had my piercing for about almost 9 months now I changed it around 6-7 months. I'm worried because I have had problems with it before now I don't know if its healed or if it just thinning. There are days when it seems like I can see the barbell but I dint know if its just my imaginatiin cause I'm worried. There is no pain jo swelling or anything but I take my ring out n I see it looks thin to me not like others I've seen before and I also feel in top if the skin like two  of those bumps that scar tissue I'm afraid it night rip out or fall out cause it looks so thin whst can i do to help thicken it or heal it a little better or does it have anything to do with ne recently having my baby last March.

From your observations and pictures, I strongly suggest that you remove and retire this piercing. Let it return to a smoother surface for a few months and then you can have it repierced.

Part of the problem may be related to the size/proportion/quality of the jewelry you wear. explains what to look for when you try again later :)  

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and