Ear & Body Piercing/Was my navel piercing wrong?

Navel piercing done wrong?
Navel piercing done wr  
QUESTION: I got it done without doing proper research and I'm just feeling nervous that I may not have gone to a professional, and it's placed wrong. Like the bottom part maybe isn't inside my navel far enough? So I'd like to know if it looks normal or if I should take it out? Thanks.

ANSWER: Where are you located in SD? I may be able to refer you to a qualified colleague for a free consultation. It appears that it might be reasonably placed, but from the photo, the jewelry seems too long and perhaps not of quality as described at

QUESTION: I'd appreciate it greatly, I'm located in Sioux Falls. So what you're saying is the problem is the jewelry, not the placement?

I can't tell from the picture, as I would need to see it clearly and from a few different angles. It does appear that the jewelry is not of high quality.

My colleague Eva Nieto runs in Sioux City, and Erik Premier works at Vishnu Bunny

A bit farther, but well worth the drive is my colleague Rob Hill at Prysm. I've actually interacted quite a bit with him, and visited his very well equipped studio.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and