Ear & Body Piercing/Tongue Piercing Bump. Need Advice ASAP!

Tongue Piercing Bump
Tongue Piercing Bump  

Tongue Piercing Bump
Tongue Piercing Bump  
Hi, my name is Lacey, & I got my second tongue piercing about two months ago (it's located in the back part of my tongue). About a week ago I noticed the bottom of my piercing was sore & irritated but I figured it would go away. Well, a couple of days ago a bump formed around it. Its weird, part of it is the color of my tongue and the other half is white. I asked my piercer about it & he said that i just needed to keep it clean. I'm freaking out. I don't know what's wrong with it. I think it's scar tissue but I'm not sure. I've NEVER had any problems with my other tongue piercing. I'm not sure why I'm having problems with it now. Should i take it out & get it repierced later on? I really don't want to take it out. But if i have to then i will. I REALLY need some advice.I don't know what to do. :(

Where are you in LA? I may be able to refer you to a qualified colleague in your area for a free consultation. The jewelry in both piercings may not meet minimum safety standards described at and even the old piercing should have high quality jewelry while healing.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and