Ear & Body Piercing/Bump on tongue piercing.

I have had my venom's done since October and I really never had a problem with them until now. I have a bump that has grown on the right one. It does not hurt at all, it doesn't bleed/puss, and it isn't getting larger. The bump is only on the top of my tongue as well. I have changed the bars a few times, which I probably should not have done but I did and I did play with them until I started to notice the bump. I noticed it like maybe a week ago, not even. I had started to do salt water rinses 2-3 times a day. I just read that 4-5 is a better amount to do salt water rinses. I will be seeing my piercer soon, but I would really like to have at least an idea what this is. Also about 2 months ago I was put on an inhaler, one weaker one ( it was blue) then it switched to a stronger one that has steroids (which is purple). Also if it matters, I don't smoke. Could that may have irritated it? But if it did why did it not do it to the other one. Id just rather not have to take them out.

Hi Shelby,
I suspect that you damaged the piercing by pressure, friction or chemical irritation and the inhaler made it worse. The scar tissue formation you see may go away by itself if left alone, and more quickly if the jewelry is removed. A qualified piercer should be able to reinsert the jewelry for you by using a guide when the irritation has passed.

Where are you located?
I should be able to refer you to a colleague in your area.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and