Ear & Body Piercing/girlfriends nipple piercing

Hello, I recently took my girlfriend to get her nipples pierced and everything came out great, it hurt her a little but does not anymore and they seem to be healing fine. My question is on the placement. Its done more into the areola than the nipple, and upon reading up about the placement of hers It sounds like its in a dangerous spot that could cause scarring and damage to her ducts for future breast feeding. I have a photo if that would help you any.

Hello Thomas,
In most cases, piercings for nipples are best placed at the base of nipple where it meets the areola. It should not be dangerous to place them somewhat deeper if that makes them more attractive depending on the anatomy. I have only ever had remarks from clients and friends with pierced nipples that breast breast feeding was easy. I've even seen that in some cases the milk can flow through the piercings for nursing mothers. It seems that the many milk ducts that pass through the nipple are mostly moved aside by piercing.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and