Ear & Body Piercing/hydrogen peroxide mistake

hi, i just recently got my belly button pierced almost two weeks ago and i've been doing sea salt water soaks about twice a day and taking only showers. well it's been three times now that i've swabbed the piercing with hydrogen peroxide. after doing some research that i should've done before i realize that hydrogen peroxide is a huge no. i seem to be healing pretty well already, there's barely any redness anymore and it seems to have been going through the normal healing process but i'm afraid i've really messed it up with the peroxide. can swabbing hydrogen peroxide three times with a q-tip be detrimental? the last two times didnt seem to do any harm but do you think that's enough to mess up the healing process? thanks!

Although it may have interfered with the healing process, there are many other factors at work to consider. You should not use peroxide again, but I wouldn't expect bad results due to three applications. and can help with more safe peer reviewed aftercare suggestions.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and