Ear & Body Piercing/possibly infected ear piercing

I have 3 holes on each of my ears pierced. I got my third holes in my ears pierced about a year ago. my right ear is healed and I thought my left ear was. I've put different earrings in them before but last night I put in new earrings. they're from Claire's and they weren't very high quality. I woke up this morning and I had a throbbing pain in my left ear where my third hole piercing is and it hurt pretty bad so I took out the earring and it was bleeding. I haven't put an earring back in. it still hurts when I touch it and there is like a bump and redness on the back of my ear where the third hole is. is it infected? I took the earring out and I've been cleaning it with the Claire's solution. I cant get a higher quality earring until Thursday (today is Monday) and I don't know if I should put in a cheaper low quality earring. Any advice on what I should do would be great!

Where are you located? should show my closest qualified colleagues to help you in person.

I would clean and reinsert the last jewelry that did not bother the holes. Best if you can find the one you were pierced with. Then see a colleague of mine for help with choosing quality safe jewelry. They can reinsert it for you if you have trouble.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and