Ear & Body Piercing/Question about cleaning techniques

Hi, in the past I have not had very much luck with saline solution (store-bought) on my piercings, they seem to get bumps on them and just not be very good in general. I read online for some piercing place that they never recommend more than a rinse of the piercing in the shower 1-2 times a day for aftercare, so I've been trying that with my new nostril piercing which I've had for 3 weeks now. It's actually doing great and I'm super excited! Is this an okay route to take with aftercare, or do you need something more, or is it different for everybody?

Yes, but is what I suggest.
There are a number of other factors to consider, other than the saline. I consider saline primarily a rinse, not to be relied upon for care alone. You may have had issue with preservatives or other ingredients in the saline that you used previously, or simply had an infection or a piercing that was not at an appropriate angle or proportion to your body.  

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and