Ear & Body Piercing/Snakes eyes infected ?

My snake eyes
My snake eyes  
Hello. I got my snake eyes 2 days ago and it is still hurting and I talk funny but I know that's normal for right now. What I'm worried about is that there is white surrounding my piercing. Is this an infection? I attached a photo.

Hi Amanda,

I normally would suggest that you treat a piercing carefully with gentle aftercare as described here, but in this case I would remove it right away. As far as oral piercings go, this is one that can do quite a bit of damage, no matter how it is done or how well you treat it. This is not a piercing that a qualified, ethical professional would perform.

Read more here from my colleagues

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and