Ear & Body Piercing/nipple piercing concern

before soak this morning
before soak this morni  

after soak
after soak  
I'm 21, female. I had both of my nipples pierced at a tattoo shop about 6 months ago. I jumped into a pool about a month & 1/2 after and these bubbles at the end of my right nipple piercing come and go. My left one is fine its just the right one I'm concerned with. The piercer did admit he pierced it a little higher than my left one. The openings dispense lymph fluid/pus that is whitish yellow when I sea salt soak them. They never felt tender until last night when I sorta squeezed the bubble and it bled. Nipple also became warm after that, mainly under the nipple. It still feels warm this morning. It scared me, & I'm not sure if that's why I felt like blacking out or if anything is a symptom relating to this. That was the 1st time I ever felt like passing out like that. Could of been due to the scare but I'm unsure.  I also used to sea salt soak them 2xs but its been a while and I usually soak them 1x daily. It feels kinda hard underneath the surface where the bar is. I don't care to keep the piercings anymore but hear its best to leave in to avoid trapping infection. What would you recommend I do before I see a doctor. Anything I can do before then?

The placement does not seem appropriate, and the jewelry seems like it may either be coated with something or not adequately polished. Your issues from swimming pool contamination could be worsened by these factors.

You can stop by one of my colleagues at for a free consultation, but I'd go directly to see your healthcare provider, and follow their advice for treatment.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and