Ear & Body Piercing/Is my belly piercing migrating/regecting??

belly piercing
belly piercing  
Hey so I've been having this piercing for a while now like late September to now (November 28, 2015) and it's red, (it's been way worse before but now it's kinda better), it shows far too much of the bar than should be shown, it jut don't look right to me. PLEASE HELP I have no idea if I should take it out or not.

P.s this is my second time piercing this. Last time I had to take it out in early September because it looked super swollen, red, bubbly, etc....

(I know exactly right when you see the image, what your answer will be I just really wonder if it's normal to thin out of some women like that and it's actually healing??)

Hello Melany,
This is not a normal stable healing process for a piercing. It appears that the combination of placement, proportion and jewelry materials are not appropriate for your anatomy and it has already rejected to the surface. You can clean and remove the jewelry as soon as possible.

What was your care routine?

Who did the original and second piercings?

Please visit one of my qualified colleagues listed here nearest to you
They will help determine when you might be able to try again with safer jewelry, placement and care with a free consultation.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and