Ear & Body Piercing/Daith piercing and Migraines

I heard that if youpierce the daith it will help with migranes?  Is it true or false

Hi Cindy,

The crux of the helix and antihelix ear cartilage piercing you mentioned were mentioned as opinion and conjecture in the SUNY purchase university blog. A few folks reblogging the idea that they could help popularized that notion, on the mistaken inference that was a reliable resource.
Although there is no evidence yet to indicate that any sort of ear piercing helps any condition, there are testimonials of those who attempted and allegedly feel differently afterwards. The situation needs well designed study to determine relevance. In the meantime, why not try it if you like the idea of jewelry and let me know your thoughts. My colleagues at Piercing Experience await to take care of you.

My APP colleagues and I have addressed this here:

Snopes is on it:  

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and