Ear & Body Piercing/Bellybutton piercing

Bellybutton piercing
Bellybutton piercing  
I had my belly button pierced awhile back until I let it close up. Resently I repeirced it myself with a peircing gun. It now has a 18g peircing in it and it's straight instead of curved like normal bellybutton peircings. I was wondering in the future would I be able to gage it at all to a 14g, or even get a curved peircing in it? If so how and when is the soonest I could do it without it getting infected.

Hi Tatum,
From the look of it, you'll need to visit a qualified professional for a consultation to see if it at the right depth. It probably isn't :/

Go see a colleague of mine from as soon as possible for help. They should be able to upgrade you if it is possible. Otherwise, they would offer to repierce in the correct placement at a later date.

Piercing it yourself is an infection risk, as you well know. Inserting larger jewelry is also an infection risk.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and