Ear & Body Piercing/Short eyebrow piercing

Hi Brian,
I had my eyebrow pierced about 4 1/2 years ago. I took care of the piercing when it was new and didn't have any major problems with the healing process except that the jewelry did seem to migrate forward a little leaving a pretty small space between the two ends. Since it has been healed, I've been wearing 1/4" 16 gauge curved barbells. The 1/4" is very comfortable for me and fits the piercing perfectly. I actually like the look of the rather small piercing. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to find jewelry in this size except from a very limited number of websites and some shops but the selection is not great. I'm curious about why this size seems to be so uncommon. Also, if you have any suggestions about where I can get new jewelry please let me know. Thanks!

There should be close to an equal amount of threaded and threadless decorative ends available from companies sold by my colleagues at

The bonus is that they can have almost anything made by any of the companies they deal with.

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and