Ear & Body Piercing/industrial piercing issues

Industrial issues
Industrial issues  

industrial piercing
industrial piercing  
So I have had my industrial for 5 weeks now and I noticed the skin where both balls are is white. As in my entire skin pigment is white around both balls. I was doing sss but switched to just h2o twice a day because the soaks were making my ear mad and inflamed. While after doing a soak my top hole developed a white bump only clear fluid came out and now the tissue is white. I was using a bit of diluted tea tree oil but stopped. It never got infected and doesn't hurt at all. I do get the occasionally itch and throb but its off and on. I just want to know why my skin has turned white! Help please.

It would be a good idea to stop by your piercer for a free consultation. If you can't make it in, I have many colleagues in California has a list to help you locate one near you.

From the photos, I see some dryness. The skin does dry and itch as it heals, shedding outer layers which turn white as they part.

I suggest that you avoid tea tree oil, and soaking your ear in anything.

The aftercare which I find works well is here

Ear & Body Piercing

Brian Skellie

I can answer questions in regards to and not limited to: jewelry safety, specifically material, shape, proportion, and related issues; aseptic technique and sterilization as it applies to piercing safety; ethical issues of technique and bedside manner; the aftercare and recovery process for piercings. *Available for consultation.

Body artist and founder of Piercing Experience (1992), and SciCan Authorized Dealer of STATIM Sterilizers and related infection control products

Currently serving on the APP Board of Directors as President, formerly as Global Media Director 2013-2014, International Liaison 2010-13, Treasurer 1997-99. Over fifteen years with ASTM and APP.

The Point Journal of the Association of Professional Piercers, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing

I regularly participate and teach in many APP and related body art educational programs. I keep current certifications for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and CPR.

APP President's Award, Best Freehand Piercer, Best of Atlanta

Tens of thousands of one on one client experiences as the founder of Piercing Experience in Atlanta, GA, USA *Body jewelry design and safety expert: Member ASTM committee F04( former Member AAMI ( Research advisor and educator for the APP for over a decade( teaching advanced studio setup, sterilization and equipment management, freehand piercing, aseptic/sterile technique and much more. Distributor and Body Art expert for SciCan StatIM sterilization and infection control products. and